Friday, March 30, 2007

What's In... NOT!

To my handful of readers -- I apologize for my absence. The new J.O.B. and other commitments have seriously curtailed my blogging hobby! I have (literally) 20 minutes to myself in a nice hotel room, in a day with meetings from 7am-9pm. So what am I doing?

Checking email of course!

I'm sad to report that, after my last several loving posts about Daily Candy, a recommendation and review of this was waiting for me today.

Truly, do I need to say more?

Okay, I will. I have nothing against modesty. At the tender age of nearly 41, I embrace modesty whenever possible. But need we sacrifice that much style to wear a "modest" bathing suit? Have you ever seen anything so hilariously bad? I have to wonder who the founders of this company are. Much less the designers. Would you ever put a "culotted swimmer" on your design CV?

I know people who opt for the little skirted Lands' End models, which heretofore I've always considered to be the definition of "modest swimwear." I've always wondered if it was cellulite or lack of time to hit the waxing salon that motivates women to wear those.

Mark this down: Even if I am 80 years old and in who knows what kind of shape, I will not be covering my body with a scuba suit with a sundress-cum-culotte coverup and calling it a "bathing suit."

3 comments:

Charis said...

I don't know why women insist on wearing those Lands' End skirt-suits!!! Newsflash: Not only are you not hiding anything, but now you look matronly too!!!! :P

Debbi said...

I put that link up at Shrinking Knitter this morning, too. You know, 'cause us fat girls can never have too many swimsuit options.

I would love to know the backstory of this company. Have the Amish decided to brush up on their backstroke? Did one of those fundamentalists catch a boy staring at her daughter at the ol' swimmin' hole?

The mind boggles.

And wouldn't you be hot – not hot in the cool way, but in the ohmygoditshotouthere way – wearing two layers of anything to swim in?

Anonymous said...

I have always loved being by vast bodies of water...I have always loved swimsuits...(I used to look pretty damn good in a swimsuit)...I sure don't like the suits on the links you posted! The "swimsuits" of the '20's were more attractive!

But you are 41...and "you ain't THERE yet!"

It's that sainted group - children/teens or YOUR children - who will make you change your mind. Their remarks will send you to these swimsuit options - or - to give up swimming.

Having said that, there are those old souls out there who run around in their little suits and don't give a rat's ass how they look or what some kid might say.....I say...That's confidence!