Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Product Alert

My friend Jennifer pointed me in the direction of this groovy new product called Road ID. It's a little metal tag that fits onto your running shoe that has your name and whatever other critical info you need on it in very small print.

I always love a good product, and this one fits a need for our family. My husband has high blood pressure and has had heart problems. This is the bad news. The good news is that he runs nearly five miles a day, often outside and always by himself. So in the event of an emergency, he has no information on him.

For a while I made him a little tag that we laminated with a brief health history bulleted list and my cell phone number. Now he wears this on his shoe -- and I don't have to replace it every so many miles after it gets drenched with sweat and you can't read it anymore!!!

PS on an "I Love This Packaging" note -- Have you seen the new vegetable oils using the no-spill measuring cup as a cap? Brilliant. (Second place: Anything powdered that used to come in a bag that now comes in a dispenser with a lid, think cornstarch, baking soda, etc.)

No comments: