Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blog = Extended Christmas Letter

So I made the mistake of sending my husband the link to this page.

I should back up. For the uninitiated, computers are to my husband what jumper cables are to me. Necessary, but basically used only when absolutely necessary. Preferably by someone else while I watch.

As you may have ascertained, I do most of my living (communicating, bill paying, information gathering) via the Internet.

It should really have come as no suprise that his comment was, "Why do you do this? And by the way, do you realize, since you wrote a post about Christmas letters being self-congratulatory, that a blog is basically one big long Christmas letter?"

He has a point... but I'm still up for pointless navel-gazing as a form of recreation any day!

No comments: