Thursday, August 02, 2007

From The House Of Constipation

I just walked into our downstairs powder room. The one that guests are supposed to use. Not only is it past its cleaning schedule, which of course is not exactly unusual, but it also had an open package of baby wipes sitting on the counter. Which can only mean one thing.

All of my children have been constipated types. All have been on sugary laxatives to help their GI tracts process a little easier. I have been warned for my daughter that if we don't 'get things moving,' toilet training will be nearly impossible.

I've tried prunes (now marketed as "dried plums," I guess to remove the elderly stigma). Miller's bran sprinkled into muffin mix. Water, water, water. At one time I could have told you exactly how much dietary fiber was in most of the (limited) food groups my kids ate.

My husband used to eat a particular brand of cereal which he claimed should have been called Roto Rooter.

Maybe that's why I found this video so funny.



In a "hit them over the head with the symbolism" kind of way, as my former Shakespeare professor would say!

No comments: