Friday, October 06, 2006

Hey Sister, Go Sister

Hey Sister, Go Sister...

Many moons ago, my husband announced that he would be gone every Thursday night for work commitments in Chicago. My solution? Hold weekly Thursday night "ER" viwings at my house. Mind you, that was when I still watched and loved it. Then a few years ago, the incessant gore and arbitrary violence shooed all of us away.

But before that happened, after one particular episode-cum-party at my house, the evening ended with a rousing rendition of "Lady Marmalade" from "Moulin Rouge." (And as a sidebar, my best wishes to Nicole and Keith...)

The images of all of us singing our lungs out into a kiddie microphone have lingered on and on. (Fortunately my kids are sound sleepers!)

Since then, my friend Jenny and I have been trying to figure out how to turn our "soul sista" million dollar ideas into millions of dollars in the bank. Tentatively called "Soy Sister Productions," many of these ideas come from morning coffees (soy latte for me, soy chai extra hot for her). And the tagline is: "Cheaper than Therapy!" (Or, how I justify the latte factor into my househould budget.)

The bottom line is that we're both on the verge of having all three kids in school, are paying private tuition -- our choice -- and wanting to find a groovy working scenario.

Jenny's criteria, in no particular order:
(1) Uniforms
(2) Walk to work
(3) Walk dog to work
(4) Work with friend(s)

My criteria:
(1) Use marketing experience
(2) No office-y BS
(3) Comfy, close workspace
(4) Minimum of intrusion onto my other job (eg.: Mom)

I wish I could share our idea bank so far. But I don't know if I can trust you with that information... it could be our first million in the bank.

No comments: